This Summer FosterSoccer will again be running a 'Street Soccer' program at the French American School Turf field in Mamaroneck on weekday evenings. This is a great opportunity for young soccer players to continue playing over the Summer in an informal fun, game-play environment where the sessions will be player-centered and often player-led!
• Experienced and qualified coaches supervise sessions
• Environment for players to play freely
• Develops social and organizational skills, and physical well being
• Emphasis on fun, participation, learning through play
• Freedom to express themselves in a low pressure environment, resulting in creative problem solving
• A skill of the week will be taught to players before breaking off in to small sided games
The format of the program will be 'learn a skill + play'. Coaches will introduce a skill of the week for kids to experiment with by themselves and then in a small-sided game format.
In a world where youth sports is often overly structured and the freedom to explore the game for themselves and learn from successes and mistakes, this program gives the game back to the players and coaches will simply supervise, guide and offer feedback...not instruct! We will challenge the players to referee the games themselves and even on occasion set up the games and pick the teams.'
Street Soccer - Summer 2018
- Our Summer street soccer program started 7/10/2018 at the French American School turf field in Mamaroneck.
- We will run the program for 6 weeks and this year there will be NO REGISTRATION - just turn up and pay as you play.
- The program is for both boys and girls. Here are the details:
Days - Tuesdays and Thursdays
Times: U8-U10 - 4:30-5:30pm - U11-U14 - 5:30-6:30pm July 10 - August 16, 2018
Location: Elliot Ave & Ralph Ave, Mamaroneck, NY
Cost: $20 per session to be paid on the day
The program will be a combination of ball mastery skills and informal small-sided games. The French American School turf field is ideal as it has a lot of shade by the evenings.